Friday, October 29, 2010

Blog #10


An Open Letter to Educators
I agree that sitting and listening to a teacher lecture for hours, is boring!! I also agree that in these class the students are not encouraged to interact with each other. It sounds like her computer class is just like ours! Dr. Strange encourages and we are assigned to interact and collaborate with each other. Dan Borwn's video was really cool. It had some great points, that I definantely agree with! I liked his point about how the internet makes learning free. Like he said, the internet really is the greatest thing that has happend to us! Education really had done nothing really to change. If educational instutions do not do anything to change, the world will leave it behind, like Dan Brown did.
Click Here to Read and Watch An Open Letter to Educators!

Don't Let Them Take the Pencils Home
I thought that this post by Tom Johnson was too funny! I definantely agree that we as teachers, or future teachers, need to find projects and activiites that keep the students intrested. This way, the student will not go home and play hang man! This was a great post to read!
Click Here To Read Don't Let Them Take the Pencils Home!

Two Questions Than Can Change Your Life
The two questions were, What's my sentence? Was I better today than yesterday?
These two question are alot to think about. I agree that one should ask was I better today than yesterday, every night. This is a way to reflect on one's actions and decide if anything should change tomorrow. I think that my sentence is....... She just wants to finish college and to start making a difference in the lives of children!
Click Here to Watch the Video: Two Questions That Can Change Your Life

1 comment:

  1. Kindra,

    I agree that teacher centered classes are quite boring. Interaction and the use of technology definitely helps make class more interesting. As teachers we do need to find new things to incorporate into our classrooms to provoke creativity and learning in our students. I also think it is great that you just want to finish school and start making a difference. I certainly feel that way right now in my life!

    ReplyDelete