Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Additional Assignment #2

Sugata Mitra's The Child-Driven Eucation definantely shows that children can teach themselves, when they are intrested in something. I believe that a self motivated learner, can teach themselves. All they need is the motivation and the intrest to learn. I do believe that children can teach themselves. As I said before, children just need to be intrested in the subject. Self learners need to have good conditions in order to learn effectively. They need a place to work and the resourses to learn. Computers and the internet play a MAJOR role in self learning. A person can go to google and type in a question, and have the question answered in seconds. The internet is very useful in learning, you just need to stay motivated, and not get distracted. Motivation is also a key in self learning. If someone is not intrested in learning, it will not happen. It can be hard to stay motivated, but motivation is a necessity. In order to motivate someone to learn, I belive the person doing the motivating needs to be helpful and intrested. If the person sees how much you enjoy learning, or a subject, they also will want to try and learn it as well. A way that I like to keep myself motivated is, going to schools and seeing children learn. It is going to be so rewarding to actually be in a classroom with my students and teaching them. So when i get discouraged, I just think about the children I will one day be helping. I believe that if someone is not motivated, they will not learn. If someone does not want to do something, they will not do it. I think people teach themselves things everyday. We teach ourselves how to interact with certain people and how to deal with situations everday. Teacher are needed to learn. It is true that a child can just get on the internet and learn anything they want, but a teacher is there to guide them. I really enjoyed the video, it was amazing to see how quickly the children learned how to use the computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment