Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blog Assignment #4


Dont Teach Your Kids This Stuff
I loved this post! How can you not keep children from all of those things? It is impossible! I really like the ending. I think that it would be interesting to see how big of a difference technology makes in the lives of children. The children who did not use technology would be farther behind that those students who did use technology.
Scott McLeod is an associate professor in the Educational Administration program at Iowa University. He is also the director os CASTLE, the only center dedicated to the technology needs of school administrators. He was the co-creator of the Did You Know video, as well.

The iSchool Initiative
I think that this would be really cool. It would for sure cut down on expenses. This could possibly happen one day, and that is why we should be teaching children how to use this technology. I did not know that there were so many cool apps that could be used for education.
However, I do think students being in the classroom is important.  Face to face communication is so important between students and their teachers. I also think that the test should be taken with a pencil and paper. I really like how the parent could check on their childs progress just through a computer. This would make parent more aware of what their child has due and how they are doing.

The Lost Generation
I really like the technique that was used in this video. When the words were scrolling up, it was sad. But when the words were scrolling down it made the video happy. Just putting the words in reverse made the video completely different.

Virtual Choir
I think it is crazy that none of these people actually met. It is just amazing what can be done on the internet. I think that we should be so lucky to be able to use and learn from the internet. It can be used to our advantage.

1 comment:

  1. Kindra,

    I agree that children who do not use technology will be farther behind because technology is at the center of our society. Everything revolves around it, and children need to know and understand how to use technology effectively.

    I also agree with your comment on the iSchool initiative. There are so many things that can be done on the iTouch that would truly benefit students in the classroom; however, I also think that face to face interaction is important. I learn better when I can see and hear a person. I also do not reading and always working on a computer or something with a screen. I definitely think it would be great to use an iTouch in the classroom, but I do not want to solely rely on one piece of technology.

    ReplyDelete