Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blog Post #11


First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's Class
It is amazing that first graders know how to do all of these things! By using a blog, the family members of the children can go comment and watch the progress of their children. The students also use WIki to learn about new things. I love how the students get into groups and make videos. It is good that they are learning how to collaborate at such a young age. Using skype in the classroom is also a very good idea. The students can learn from people all over the world. When I become a teacher I would love to let my children do blogs. I think it is such a good idea. I especially like the idea of family members and others to be able to comment. I believe that when the children get comments, it makes them feel special. I would also love to be able to use skype in the classroom. Letting the children listen and talk to people all over the world, would let them learn a lot. I do not see where there would be any problems with letting the children use these techniques in the classroom. If I did have parents or anyone who did not agree, I would talk to them about how technology will always be here, and that children need to learn how to use it!!
Click Here to Watch First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's Class

Click Here to Watch the Discussion with Ms. Cassidy and EDM310 Students

3 comments:

  1. Kindra,

    Your observation and comment ... The students also use WIki to learn about new things. I love how the students get into groups and make videos. It is good that they are learning how to collaborate at such a young age ... shows that students at the grade school level are already doing the things that you learn in EDM 310! This means that teachers must be prepared to work with students who are technologically literate in the future and we must be prepared. What types of things are you going to implement in your classroom in the future that you learned here in EDM 310?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is very true that I am learning the same things as a first grader!! I would love to be able to do a class blog and let my students blog! I think that it would be such a great experience for them. I especially think it would be rewarding for them to see people comment on their blogs from all over the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kindra! I am glad to hear that you want to incorporate all these technologies in the classroom when you are a teacher. I want to encourage with a statement: You are always a teacher. Even now with you family and friends, you are a teacher. When you do your student teaching or work with a youth group, you are a teacher. Start telling people now about the wonderful uses of technology. Be an advocate for your passions... now. Start preparing for the classroom, now. Teaching is something that you cannot hold back; it comes out in everything you do.

    ReplyDelete