Thursday, November 4, 2010

Summary of C4T #3

I was assigned to comment on Brian Cosby's blog, Learning is Messy. On October 6th he published a blog called, Thanksgiving Lesson Ideas. In this blog, he tells about three years ago when his 5th grade was learning about American history. His class spent time talking about the first thanksgiving. He talked about what was really ate at the first thanksgiving. He brought in a 18 pound turkey, and the students brought the rest. His students then wrote what they thought about their Thanksgiving experiences. Six of his students had never celebrated thanksgiving, On October 22, I commented on this blog. I told him how fun this sounded and how it was good that the students also brought in food. This way, he would not kill himself making a ton of food for his class. I also said how it was a great idea for the students to write about it. It was especially good to get the input from the students who had never celebrated Thanksgiving. I thanked him for this idea, and told him how I would try this once I become a teacher. He has not published a post since this.

Click Here to go to the blog Learning is Messy!

No comments:

Post a Comment