Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blog Assignment #1

Hello! My name is Kindra Blackwell and this is my third year at South. My major is elementary education and I cant wait to have a classroom of my own.  I grew up here in Mobile, and I attended Mobile Christian School, I graduated in 2008. I have always loved kids. I though about becoming a pediatric nurse, but after doing a summer scrubs program here in Mobile, I decided it was not for me. I knew that I wanted to work with kids, so teaching was my next choice. I work at Knollwood Christian School as an after school care teacher, and I love every second of it. It can be stressfull at times, but I would not change it for anything. I love Alabama football, and just recently I have become a hockey fan. I love going to Biloxi and watching their hockey team, The Mississippi Surge. My family and friends mean the world to me. My sister is a third grade teacher at Meadowlake Elementary, I love to go up there and help her. My cousins are by best friends and I dont know what I would do without them! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kindra! We have so much in common! I'm an after school care teacher also! I work at St. Mary's Catholic School. I used to substitute all of the time, but my school work load became too time consuming. I feel so privileged that I get such a good taste of teaching! At first, I thought that I wanted to be a social worker to help kids, but after actually experiencing the work, I decided that wasn't for me. I switched to elementary education and I couldn't be happier! I wish you the best of luck with all of your classes and hope you love your teaching experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could move to Canada and be welcomed because of hockey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to visit canada! I would never move there thought too cold!

    ReplyDelete